Sunday, September 2, 2007

MAD?

'You are mad!'
someone told me in the middle of a conversation. for a minute i thought he thought i was angry, but the mention of electric shock therapy got me around to the right meaning. And my reply - ' oh yeah. i take that as a compliment' and i do. it is a compliment for me. i love hearing stories about how mad i was when i was younger (but then that may be that being a large family, my stories see the light of day so few times).

am i ashamed of my silliness? ofcourse not. i once said i accepted the low feeling bcoz it meant higher highs - craziness.. and its very valuable to me. not everyone might think that insanity is a worthy claim. i beg to differ.. its very worthy. why? i dont know. maybe bcoz that makes me different (does it really?), its non-comformist, it makes me feel free.. or hundred different reasons i cant quite think of now.

PS: Now despite what people might think, i am not advocating completely senility.. i can be quite sane when required!
does this claim for sanity just prove that i am infact insane?

5 comments:

rama srinivasan said...

and who tells you how insane you were as a kid???

Eye of Tiger said...

there are a few people... are u upset i didnt take ur name???

rama srinivasan said...

no way. i am rather happy that i was saved the embarrassment.
i was suggesting that there was nothing 'mad' abt baby ranjitha :P

Eye of Tiger said...

this from the person who told me the kulcha story and who laughs her head off for the 4 friends story!!!

rama srinivasan said...

i was just trying to build ur confidence. if i had known u would become conceited after that i wouldn't have bothered. from now on no childhood stories for you