Thursday, May 17, 2007

An ode to myself

In honour of my birthday, i am subjecting you to more bad poetry ( ok rama, dont sue me for using another of your labels)

As i turn 22 years old
It seems to have been foretold
No matter how much i age
i wont be a saint nor a sage
soft-spoken, i have heard someone say
unlikely even if i try, which i never may
i will never be one of the good girls
nor wear a ribbon on my curls
i can be forced to do something
but not with grace, would i be willing
No pleas would work nor any ruse
i would be stuck-up, if i so choose
an open mind or closed like a box
stubborn, maybe arrogant like an ox
but i can be funny, i can be sarcastic
a total brat if i feel like it
i am restless and quite lazy
my thoughts and wishes, usually hazy
i enjoy the ridiculous and being insane
but i am still capable of using my brain
So this is how i turned out to be
like it or not, happy birthday to me!

7 comments:

janaki_me said...

i like u just the way u are
though in competing madness
u have to go much far
with u around,life is less of a stress
sometimes i admit
there is a little distress
i wonder whether u will try to fit
given roles, convenient slots
but, for convention, u are a misfit
all i say, in life, make your own plots

Eye of Tiger said...

wow... positive comments from renu... i am in shock...
but why do both u and rama have this obsession for believing u have the greatest insanity in human race...

as for making my own plots, i would.. but if they coincide with what u consider "given roles"... you have to accept that it is still my decision!

rama srinivasan said...

oh yeah, happy birthday to you,
didn't i say that before i bid adieu.
as far as insanity is concerned,
undoubtedly, the torch i have beared.
i'll grant, u've come some distance,
but i'm still ahead, in importance.
follow my footsteps,
i'll give u a few tips.
in no time, you fleabit,
you will be a misfit.

Eye of Tiger said...

here we go again
another claim of being insane
following ur tips rama
guarantees lots of drama
but it wouldnt be my plot
it would be fitting in ur slot
merci for your praise
but its not a race
of who is ahead
the path u claim to have led
i dont want to follow it
dont need to, to be a misfit!!

janaki_me said...

ranj- in no way was i setting myself as a competition to u for madness. and when i say make ur own plots, it doesnt matter whether the roles are obvious as long as u have chosen the roles,chosen them not because they are easy and obvious but because they make sense to u. and i hope u make them ur own.

rama srinivasan said...

i know it's just my fault,
to offer help to u, u dolt.
do try n forge ur path,
no prob if mein nahi hoon saath.
but dont come back crying,
you may not find me obliging.
merci, oh yeah that is it,
french, i speak it a little bit.

Eye of Tiger said...

renu, dont worry.. i'll choose my own paths...

rama, if i ever have to cry for choosing to do something... i know where not to go (to u)