Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Farewell

What am I supposed to feel as I say goodbye to the University and campus I have been part of the past 6 years?
The 6 years gave me friends, some great and some not so great teachers, wonderful memories, confidence, responsibilities that I was always tensed about but which I have always been grateful for after I have accomplished it. I learned so much but most importantly I learned about the person I am. Its an end of an era. And now I begin the rest of my life. Which sounds exhilarating and frightening at the same time.
But as I said goodbye to this important part of my life, I was waiting for some emotion to hit me. Nostalgia, relief, happiness anything. But I felt nothing. It was strange. However I discover that I have one more chance for goodbye. As I meet my friends (who finish exams tom) in college, we can all begin our new lives together.

2 comments:

janaki_me said...

and fainting spells! :P

Eye of Tiger said...

oye.. i fainted only once in those 6 years.. though it was in the middle of introducing the PP event at the fest.. but that was also one of those responsibilities that i was tensed about but very grateful later on..