Saturday, March 10, 2007

compatibility quiz

so i saw koffee with Karan - kareena kapoor and shahid kapur. after the first episode i havnt seen much of this second season. wish i had stuck to that habit. But i am not writing this to talk abt the show, or the actors or karan himself ( who i say supreme egoist by the way) but rather unwittingly it started something. he had this compatibility vivah quiz where he asked shahid various things abt kareena ( i wont even go into this) and it got me thinking if i have to judge closeness of my relationships with people through these kind of quizes, i would prob flunk all tests. i am not very observent and forget stories and facts told to me.. so how would i remember things like fav colour, actor etc unless so blatant that it is doing tap dance right under my nose!! so does it matter whether you know these things or not. normally i would say no.. ofcourse it doesnt. what matters is the relationship itself - the comfort level, the trust and readiness to be there for each other. but in the course of friendship and even family relations ( my own sis) arent i supposed to pick up some info. like if i am asked to organise a bday party for a friend, would be able to do so.. pick out songs, colour schemes, food.. i dont know. i think i do know lot of things abt very close friends and family members (seriously if you talk that much, something is bound to stick in your mind) but if you ask me specifically probably not. Fav colours - no idea abt anyone. so does that mean i am not compatible with anyone.. ( so i'll never have a vivah - doesnt sound all that bad right now). i guess not. i think some would disagree.
so what should i do? start interrogations, try and remember things when they tell me. or not bother at all about so called compatibility tests.. it doesnt matter right. it could be that the other person doesnt have specific favs.. i mean i dont have a fav colour right now, prob not so much a fav season, and other things. so no matter how close you are to me, you wont know these things abt me, coz i dont know myself. and then there are things that change with your mood. now i am not going to be a mood reader for these things... spare me i have better ways to waste my time. i should have known no good can come out of something involving kareena kapoor, shahid kapur and karan johar in an interview.

PS: in case you do care, some favourites
Book - pride and prejudice
Movie - for now Lord of the Rings ( all 3, especially 3rd - love happy endings)
Actor in terms of looks - Tom Cruise ( dont care abt how good a husband he is)
Food - chinese or italian - i think chinese might score higher.

so remember them so you can answer on the quiz about me!!!!!!

5 comments:

rama srinivasan said...

Compatibility challenge

Owls can often hear her,
everything else u can bear,
take her in small doses, and talking
will be a bed of roses.
and then there is that fuzz face,
she speaks at another pace,
u may not understand anything at all,
but after she's done no harm will befall.
And me? I'm mean, I think I was born this way,
we can get along if u stay some distance away.
I can go on and on,
if u want me to, u moron,
i will leave no one out,
even if it leads to a bout.

janaki_me said...

u do remember what kind of footwear i like!

Eye of Tiger said...

rama, u have described two people and both sound like me.. but considering ur previous references, is fuzz face me? but then u do understand wat i say (possibly one of very few, sometimes only person apart from ramya who does)...but others dont..

Looks like i have started another self analysis.. watever!!
renu, are u telling me or ur sis that "u know wat kinda footwear i like" - doesnt matter v all know.. but thats because u r predictably boring - wat i called blatant in my blog!

rama srinivasan said...

tiger, u shud've guessed. renu, when in her lecture mode, sometimes becomes incomprehensible.
and that's why i think renu mentioned her footwear choice (for the dimwitted you, so that she can hit me with it)

rama srinivasan said...

that is not owl but bat. sorry for the error